Friday, January 12, 2007

 

My Silver Lined Neck Brace


News flash! My neck brace is back. My neck surgery was exactly one year ago Monday and I guess the universe sent me a friendly little reminder of this anniversary. Not sure what happened but I think I just over exhausted myself between my boozy trip to Vallarta and then coming home to immediately go skiing and snowboarding in Lake Tahoe, but Monday I was bending over the sink shaving and something back there went terribly wrong. So off to the doctor I went, getting old sucks.

The good news is that the doctor said he didn’t see anything wrong and was pretty sure I would feel better in a few days. He wrote me a few prescriptions for pain killers, muscle relaxers and a soft cervical collar (neck brace). I was happy to hear that it wasn’t anything serious as initially I was pretty freaked out and very worried that I might need emergency care. But was also feeling very down that I had to go back to the embarrassing life of living in my neck brace (the stares on the street and on the bus never stop) with the instructions of “no driving and no snowboarding for at least two weeks”. With my head hung low and in severe pain I headed off to Walgreens with my stack of prescriptions. After some help from the pharmacist I found the neck brace on isle 3, it was between the Kotex, Monistat 7 and control top pantyhose. I thought about getting the whole outfit but I already have so many clothes!

With the return of my neck brace it reminds me of other things that you think are gone for good and good riddance but seem to find their unwelcome way back into your life. Like your good friends on-again-off-again boyfriend that you hate, they just keep getting back together. You think that trash is long gone but they there they are, all the more pathetic than the last time you saw them. Or like when I take my Saab in for these strange mechanical issues, the dealership claims its all fixed but sure enough a few days later while driving home drunk from the club with my trick, the steering is malfunction and the horn starts to sound at a stoplight. This actually happened to me, how embarrassing! I don’t know what’s more high maintenance, my car or my friends boyfriends.

My faithful readers, I encourage us all to think of the silver lining for everything in life. It just so happens we are having record cold temperatures this week in San Francisco. Yes, it’s colder than it’s ever been – way below freezing! Thanks to my new neck brace, my neck is toasty warm. Here’s to us all finding our silver lining, if you cant find it, give me a call, I’ve got loads of time on my hands.

Comments:
Girl, I know just where to put all your prescription medications... down my throat! It's all about the pills in 2007!

Oh and I hear you, about friends getting back with ex's over and over again... BREAK THE FUCK UP ALREADY. At least Norma finally wised up!

XOXO,
AJ
 
Oh boo boo,

Sorry to hear that. I hope your friends decorate it this time too! : ) Lots of good thoughts to you, as usua.

XOXOXOXOXO,
Katie
 
I love you DC10.

You should get the Nobel Peace Prize for Literature and Good Fashion Sense for this blog.

I remember the neck brace getting you quite a few phone numbers the last time!

Take care of yourself, bunny.

Mwah!

J-HA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?