Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

Cell Phones and Karma

I lost my cel phone at Miami Airport last week. Now I know you all are wondering how I lost it… and you know there is always a good story attached to whatever situation I wind up in. So I was in South Beach over the weekend for the annual Winterparty. Since I was at Crobar until six am on Monday morning and continued to enjoy a champagne brunch on sunny Lincoln Road before departing back to rainy San Francisco we were completely late for our flight. My travel partner was not on my flight and needed to fly standby. Since we arrived at the airport when the plane was already boarding he wasn’t exactly the first name the standby list, we decide to use my neck brace situation to our advantage. So I pretend I can hardly walk or speak and Pavel demands a wheel chair and explains that he needs to fly with me in order to help me due to my condition. We are rushed to the front of the security check line and helped through all that hassle. Since I can hardly move, I didn’t put any of my bags through the scanner myself and am almost positive my phone fell out of the side pocket in the process. Rolling up to the gate we find a handful of people waiting standby to board for a full flight, he explains that its very important he travels with me due to my condition and they put him first on the list, waived the fee and rearranged the passengers so we could sit together. Our little plan did work but I lost my phone in the process. Karma is a bitch!

The flight attendant asked me when I got on board if I needed a wheelchair when I arrived in San Francisco, I just smiled and said: “No, I’m really not that injured, we just needed to make our flight.”

Long live the rights of the handicapped!

Comments:
I just adore this story! And to think, you've cursed that neck braces for weeks, and in the end, it's been so helpful!

Handicapped people have ALL the luck, huh?

AJ
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?